Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Soup for the Soul : Vegetable Sweet Corn

“Writing is a lot like making soup. My subconscious cooks up the idea, but then I have to sit down, put it all on paper and make sense of it" 

I was sitting in my office and it was pouring rain the whole afternoon and by the time I was ready to leave for home, all I could think of  was a BIG warm bowl of soup ( I have been having a lot of these "soul soup" kind of days lately). I guess I am one of those "solar powered people" who needs the sun to keep merry and happy 😁

So before I even went upstairs to get changed and comfy, I turned my Instant Pot on and got this vegetable sweetcorn soup going...





What's in it?

  • I used pre-chopped vegetables - 4 big stalks of broccoli, cauliflower leaves  and a few florets ( I save all my green leaves and use them up in soups), 5 big carrots, 1 bag of Trader Joes super sweet corn, 1 can of creamed corn
  • Better than Bouillon Chicken Stock (they have a veggie version too) - use about 2-3 large tablespoon
  • Grated Ginger (small knob)
  • Water - 2 Quarts 
  • Bragg's Liquid Amino
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
How I made it?
  • Put all the ingredients above in the Instant Pot (except the salt and pepper)
  • Manual on 3 minutes (no release)
  • Stir...add Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Sit Back - Turn on the TV or pick your favorite book and ENJOY!
Servings
This is about 12 servings. 
This soup  has < 200 calories and > 6 grams of Fiber.   True is the saying  "Soup is Cozy"

No comments:

Post a Comment