Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Dearly Departed

For my friend "N" who has had more than her fair share of heartache - today she lost her mother  2 years 9 months and 29 days after she lost her brother to cancer.

                                                                              PC:Dearly Departed

You knock on the window of my subconscious,
I see you standing there looking,
Trying to tell me something?
Or are you just missing me?
As much as I am you.

I try and tell myself,
Where you are is a better place,
But then how would I know,
That there is eternal sunshine and warmth...
Or maybe it's just me hoping.

Every time I tell myself,
The longing is faint,
Then there is a memory that comes,
And lodges itself in my being,
The pain that accompanies so real.

 For all the sad notes,
I wrote, spoke or thought,
The saddest thought was - saying Good Bye!
The reality is...
Maybe I am just waiting to say - Hello Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment