Sunday, November 29, 2015

An Unfinished Eulogy...



Can't get you out of my head,
Can't get you out of my mind,

Didn't know you really,
Some childhood moments shared...
Some fleeting news about you from Ma or Facebook.

Everything seemed fine,
And then yesterday I heard,
 I wondered - Did anyone listen, Did anyone hear?

The dark thoughts roiling through your system,
The empty vacancy of the soul weeping in isolation,
Your mind shrieking  - Worthless...
Did anyone listen, Did anyone hear?

Your family shattered, 
All your friends desolate,
They all loved you so,
Yet you left alone and sad...

Taken away from here,
But to where - Is there peace there?
What about the people you leave behind?
And the questions? And the guilt?

I am hoping and praying,
That your soul is free,
And you will find sunshine, happiness and love.

Still ...can't get you out of my head,
Can't get you out of my mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment