Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Before I was a mom...





I travelled around the world, ate four course meals, met interesting people...sat a while and had a drink, even wore make up most days

Before I was a Mom... I watched movies, got up when I wished on weekends, barely cooked, pigged on junk food most times and cussed like a sailor

Before I was a Mom... my house was a dream home...no extra toys or stuff, no legos lying around or bits and pieces of homework, soft toys and food

Before I was a Mom... I didn't worry about organic meals, balanced diet and home-cooked meals

Before I was a Mom... I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin, a hug or worried over a sniffle. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep. 

Before I was a Mom... I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom. 

Before I was a Mom... I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment, or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom


Happy 9th Birthday K2 - you are so loved !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment