Sunday, January 20, 2013

Walking in Cloud 9 : Tat Tvam Asi

I woke up in the morning after uncharacteristically deep sleep...the sun was peeking in through the window, welcoming me...disoriented for a minute and then it hit me I was in Pune. I was a little restless, so I went for a walk alone in the Cloud 9 campus - a walk where it was always me and Bapa - sometimes in silence, sometimes sharing our thoughts, appreciating the birds and bees...yet slowly there came a sense of peace, a sense that all will be good.  Here is a Indian Green Bee-eater that came by to say Hello to the drumstick tree...


My dear friend V is amazingly creative...she and her mother have a gorgeous home and share a passion for jewellery designing and home decor. From that passion was born her and her sister S's  new company Tatvamasi. Here is my favorite piece in the collection....check out her Facebook page


What struck me more was the name "Tat Tvam Asi" (तत् त्वम् असि), a sanskrit word that means " That Thou Art". The example used is - The individual self and Supreme self are compared to two birds – they stay on the same tree, one constantly consuming the delicious fruits (and still never satisfied), and the other does not consume anything and yet eternally satisfied.

The reality is most of us are born at the end of one continuum...the bird that is never satisfied trying to move to the state of unconditional satisfaction, being who we are, doing what we are doing...present and content with what it is right now ( Maslow was on to something when he talked about Self Actualization). Life is teaching me lessons, I want to learn right now...Tat Tvam Asi...I am me and I like being me right now...striving and learning to be someone I want to be.
How is your weekend turning out?

No comments:

Post a Comment