Saturday, January 26, 2013

An Ode to an Odd Dozen years

"Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets."
                                                                                                                 ---Ogden Nash

No quote can really sum up a collection of years spent with another human being yet I like this one...


I try to take some time to think back on the years and the wedding anniversaries...this year I am in India, mostly in a sterile, impersonal hospital room, with another human being who matters as much as the 2 K's to me. Trying to be "Pollyana" for the past eight days has worn me down...I am ready to go and hide in my comfortable routine - some grinding work, some hard home routines....anything is preferable to this constant workout my mind is giving me right now.


Here is a little something I wrote last night :



A marriage of two
is friendship redefined
A marriage of two
has its issues
A marriage of two
is of trust and new learnings
A marriage of two works
when you put in the efforts
Ultimately a marriage exists only
when you and I choose to let it...

So thanks K1 for giving me memories and the years to write you this ode....here's a cup of chai (adrak maar ke) for many many more such years.

No comments:

Post a Comment