Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Unseemly Taste & a Tiring day...

A long long day...brown bag lunch for K2 for a field trip, a car to be serviced, a spreadsheet to rebuild, a sweaty Zumba class...and I was looking forward to relaxing to a Farro Salad at Pasta Pomodaro...but my precocious son threw me a curve ball...Ma, how about we eat at home? The kid who probably single-handedly kept Pasta Pomodaro afloat was saying No to eating there...

We went to Whole Foods - I grabbed yet  another dozen of the Think Thin Bars, a clamshell of Organic Spinach when I felt an insistent tug...my son was pulling me toward the cheese section (Paul - the awesome cheese dude) - this is where he gets to take a tour of the world of cheese...his favorite kind Blue Cheese. P gave him the stinkiest of them all - roaring forties...not only did K2 finish a big chunk, he charmed P into "gifting" him a chunk of cheese - need I say I was impressed.
The past three days have been filled with sleepless nights and busy days...so most of the time my mind just wants to go blank....so what better way to decompress than a mindless romance novel...so my self-education for the past 2 nights has been this racy book - Love is Murder...want to judge me go ahead...but it has been so fabulous reading a book without thinking about it...
 
My Ma's first question to me was - what did you eat? For K2 and me, I made today a 10 minute stew with Soofoo (it has barley, black lentils, green lentils, brown lentils, Buckwheat, Brown Rice, Oats, Rye Berries, Wheat Berries), Opo Squash laced with ginger and shallots -- cooked in a tomato base. K2 seems to love this weird one pot dish which is awesome.

What else is moving and shaking in my world? I constantly get haunted by the verse from Frost's poem -
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, 

But I have promises to keep, 

And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep...

Yet for tonight I will settle for but one night of deep, worry-free sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment