Sunday, June 19, 2011

To the Fathers in my Life....

With relationships,
There's one sad truth in life I've found
While journeying this road -
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best.
                                      ---A Wise Person


My father and my son's father are two people I take for granted in my life. Two incredible human beings that have taught me so much in life - while my father taught me that life does make you fall, it also makes you rise, treat every adversity with a smile, courage and dignity -- what the father of my son taught me is - it is alright not to be in control all the time, it is OK to let go and enjoy the moment, live in the present.

The love that I feel for these two human beings is immense- however, like the wise person above said - they are also the people I hurt the most with my criticisms, my high expectations and unreasonable demands. The truth of the matter is - without you in my life, I would be incomplete. Thank You for everything.

Happy Father's Day to all the special Fathers in my life (you all know who you are :-) )



No comments:

Post a Comment