Thursday, April 7, 2011

Life: A Perspective...

A perfectionist with an organized To-Do list for both home and work, an obsessive attitude towards cleanliness and paying bills on time and being debt free…this poem by Nadine Stair hit a nerve…I have printed it out and it is displayed very prominently at my work area yet…I don’t think I have completely internalized it….is it complacency that I think time is on my side…however this is my inspiration for 2011 ...for living Life a different way.


IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER

I'd dare to make more mistakes next time.
I'd relax, I would limber up.
I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
I would take fewer things seriously.
I would take more chances.


I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
I would perhaps have more actual troubles,
but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.


You see, I'm one of those people who live
sensibly and sanely hour after hour,
day after day.


Oh, I've had my moments,
And if I had it to do over again,
I'd have more of them.
In fact, I'd try to have nothing else.
Just moments, one after another,
instead of living so many years ahead of each day.


I've been one of those people who never goes anywhere
without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a raincoat
and a parachute.
If I had to do it again, I would travel lighter than I have.


If I had my life to live over,
I would start barefoot earlier in the spring
and stay that way later in the fall.
I would go to more dances.
I would ride more merry-go-rounds.
I would pick more daisies.
                                                                                      By, (Late)Nadine Stair, 85 years old.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I totally love this poem, thanks for sharing this! If I had a chance to live my life again, I'd definitely take more risks and have more silly moments to enjoy..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Plateful...BTW, absolutely love the recent set of recipes you posted. I used to live in Kanyakumari...so very similar cuisine to the recent recipe you posted...made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete