Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Angels have wings...

This working mom ain't that sentimental anymore...yet there are times like this when she gets introspective and pens a couple verses...for those who enjoy poetry ---  enjoy ; for the critics --- please dissect, just don't judge ; for the ones I wrote this for- Be Happy! and for the ones who  don't get it - I promise I will get back to writing in plain English...but it isn't like I tied you up and made you read this...

                                              Angels have wings

The mind is wandering a dozen places all at once…
The world seems at peace,
Yet there is a seething cauldron of dissent and disagreement.
A voice whispers – she is right
And yet another one – he is right…
A rational angel chimes in between – doesn’t matter who is right, what is key is making it right.

Voice of reason has escaped,
Tired I am, Broken I am, Frustrated I am – the tiny voices say
Running away – seeking solace and healing,
Life has passed so many of us by…seeking salvation elsewhere,
Forgetting the dormant spring within,
From wherein stems the elixir of health, wisdom and peace
And we keep searching everywhere….
And in reality much of it lies within…

We cloud our lives with many things,
Pontificating, Placating, Persuading…
Driven by ambition,
Consumed by love ,
Weakened by the need to possess, control
Yet, all that we needed is both inside and beside...

As I lie in bed today…sleepless,
Watching my family sleep…
I question my mind's flight,
And an acceptance of unanswered questions,
Some of the cobwebs in my mind,
Cleared as I write…
Yet there remains many a things unknown.

I pray a little prayer for love, hope and peace…
I sigh a little hearing my little boy’s soft snores…
As he dreams of the gentle flutters of Angel Wings…
Yes, I believe...I really do believe Angels have Wings.


No comments:

Post a Comment