Friday, December 25, 2009

Hope Floats...


I was watching some mindless talkshow on the TV yesterday to keep my mind off things and Deepak Chopra was on the show saying - you hope when you are beyond the point of despair...I changed the channel and started watching Food Network...I just don't buy that...life is about a few things - Family, Happiness and a hope that when things go wrong, there is still hope and the chance that Life will rebalance and set things right...

The past 5 weeks have been a roller coaster ride - a constantly sick child prone to colds, coughs and most recently a tummy virus, a loved one having a major health setback and surgery, the constant uncertainity of external parameters...just when I thought things were settling down, fate threw me another curve ball with K2 falling sick and my mom and me catching the same virus...(yeah!merry christmas to you too...)...yet amongst all this there was hope still that things would get better.

And yes things did get better...after 2 days of feeling run-down...I slowly got my Qi back and life slowly seemed to seem straightened out again. We (Bapa, Ma, K1& K2) went out for a long walk on a chilly day today and really enjoyed the feeling of togetherness. We watched " 3 Idiots" yesterday and it was wonderful watching this "feel good" movie together. What struck me in the movie was something Aamir Khan said - We humans are scaredy cats...and eventually in the rat race really become afraid of everything...the heart really fears and expects the worst...take a deep breath...put your hand on your heart and say Aal izz Well !!! and you can cheat your heart into becoming more brave and really believing all is well...Life is slowly getting back on track...slowly and I keep my hand to my heart and say - Arrey Bhaiya! Aal izz Well.
P.S: Here is a picture from 15 days back from our drive from SFO to Irvine

No comments:

Post a Comment