Monday, May 25, 2009

Punjabi Choley and Saag Paneer....and it's raining shoes...


As I was mentioning before - There are people who eat to live and others who live to eat...I unfortunately fall in the second category of food obsessed divas...

My son is turning out to be a little bit of a food snob - scrambled eggs with pecorino is tolerable but scrambled eggs with cheddar...sacrilege...mango juice - Yes! Orange Juice - Boring!...Quinoa - Thumbs up...Millet - Thumbs Down....the list goes on and on. We ended this week on a sober note...what with my son still being sick and now he has a cold and a cough. I have been trying to feed him a lot more fluids and soups but at the back of my head I always feel like I am not doing enough.

We spent a quiet Friday at home...K1 went out for a happy hour with a friend. On Saturday, we took both our cars for servicing. We then had brunch at the IHOP place in San Jose (K2 loves strawberries and he had the strawberry french toast) after which we took him to the "Great Mall". My son's feet have grown from a size 5 to a size 7...in a matter of 4 months. We got him 5 pair of new shoes - 2 crocs (red, faded denim), one brown dress shoe, one sports shoe (with lights) and a cute pair of sandals...We picked up all the shoes at Osh Kosh and The Children's Place (trying very hard not to overdo it). The funny part was both K1 and I were so engrossed buying stuff for K2 that we didn't pick up anything for ourselves.

On Sunday I made some hot and spicy Sambhar Rice with Dry Potato Curry for lunch which hit a comfort spot for me. I also made Tomato and Barley Soup from scratch for Krish in the night and we had the same for dinner with Garlic Toast. We have a friend (colleague) from work over for dinner today, so dinner plans are paratha, saag paneer and choley. I am hoping Krish get's over his cough and cold soon...

I did just realize that we didn't really bbq on our brand new grill...maybe in a couple weekends...I am in Europe next week...how was your long weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment